About tours, adventure awaits just 3 hours from Hanoi. Head to Mai Chau to cycle in mountain valleys, trek to hill tribe villages, share traditional meals with your homestay family, and sample the local customs, lifestyle, and culture in this special part of Vietnam.
What You’ll Do
- Share meals and stay overnight with a Mai Chau local host family
- Cycle through rice fields and past breathtaking mountain scenery
- Learn about local customs, cultures and lifestyles just 3 hours from Hanoi
- Watch a cultural show performed by White Thai villagers
- Experience local village life as you trek through the hills
What to Expect
Escape the bustling capital of Hanoi and experience the diversity of Vietnam on an adventure to the mountain village of Mai Chau.
Enjoy peaceful mountain air and the chance to experience real hill tribe culture, just 3 hours from Hanoi. You’ll be invited into the stilt homes of locals to share delicious homemade meals and an overnight stay.
Sample the local rice wine, see a cultural show put on by the villagers, cycle past beautiful scenery, and trek through the area to see the authentic life of the White Thai hill tribe; this tour is the perfect mix of cultural experience and adventure.
Day 1: Hanoi–Mai Chau, Bicycle Trip, Village Homestay (Meals: L, D)
After a scenic 3 hour drive from your hotel in Hanoi to Mai Chau, your local guide will introduce you to your hosts in the mountain village of Pom Coong, where you’ll enjoy a traditional lunch. You’ll have free time to relax before heading out on a bicycle tour through the breathtaking scenery of Mai Chau valley. Following a home–cooked dinner with your homestay family, sample the local rice wine and see a cultural show performed by the White Thai villagers.
Day 2: Trek to Local Villages, Mai Chau–Hanoi (Meals: B, L)
After breakfast with your homestay family, you’ll trek along the trails and paths to visit other local villages. Meet members of the White Thai tribe and learn about their lifestyle, culture and customs from your local guide. Then return to your homestay for another delicious, homemade lunch before heading back to Hanoi.
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fees as indicated
- Transport as indicated
- Meals: 1 breakfast, 2 lunches, 1 dinner
- 1 night homestay in a stilt house with local family
- Guided bicycle tour in Mai Chau
- Guided trekking in Mai Chau
What’s Not Included
- Personal expenses
- Tips or gratuities for drivers or guide
What to Remember
• Departures are guaranteed
• Please ensure your knees and shoulders are covered as this trip visits rural areas. Good walking shoes are necessary for the trek on Day 2.
• Homestay accommdation is basic but comfortable; bedding and mosquito nets are provided.